Saturday, November 28, 2009

Long Overdue Update

As I am sure most of you know, we are home, settled and loving our new Baby Girl! Big Brother Owen is about the best big brother ever and thankfully has been nothing short of an angel during this transition.

Our Katherine Jane (Katie-Jane) was born on November 19th at 2:23 pm after a smooth labor and delivery. At a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches it was no wonder I was the most uncomfortable girl in the world. A good 10 minutes of pushing and "Hello World", Katie-Jane was here for us to love and adore.

We have settled into a routine, as much as we can with a one week old. She is going about every three to four hours for a bottle and is very laid back, similar to how Owen was when he was a newborn. I am very thankfully that the good Lord has blessed me with two wonderful children. I could not be happier.

I promise to post some pictures soon. We have been having some issues with our computer so I am hoping to have that repaired soon. Nothing major, could be user error.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoying the start of the holiday season. I am in LOVE with the holiday music already on the radio and cannot wait to start decorating my house for Christmas. The nesting thing has not left my body yet!

3 comments:

ashley said...

If you need decorating help, I'll swing by!

Congratulations! I want to come meet Princess KJ as soon as possible.

Allison D said...

Congratulations, Jill and Family! Enjoy every minute...at least now after having Owen you are sure to know how quickly it all goes bye! Soak it up!!

Tiffany said...

I need to see some pictures of this baby!! I'm glad your labor went so well, I hope you are enjoying this sweet time with a newborn. I know it's a lot of work with a baby and toddler, I've been there! Enjoy it for what it is!