Tuesday, May 27, 2008

17 lbs of pure joy

Had to take the little fella to the doctor on Friday. He has had a horrible cough for EVER now and it just does not seem to be getting any better. Aside from the cough that is too pitiful for words, there are NO changes to the eating habits or attitude so the doctor wants to wait until next week before prescribing an inhaler.

As I was waddling through the doctor's office trying to carry my child into the room where we will be seen, the nurse turned to me and in pure shock asked how I am managing him in the carrier. Not well apparently as she can clearly see the agony on my face. We had to know his weight. The last time we were at the doctor for 4 month shots he was 16 lbs 1 oz. Friday - 17 lbs, 13 oz. I constantly carry around a block of cement. (speaking of cement, did you watch Grey's, I cried...)
It is clearly no wonder why I have horrible back pains.

On the development watch - still no rolling over and no desire to do so. He is MUCH better in his jumperoo and has become a saucer kid at school. No longer the youngest in the class, he has given up his Graco swing at school to the fussy baby girl that was born in March. Owen looks at her from the driver's seat of the saucer car...beep beep. The doctor assured me once again that he will roll over someday - like when...who knows. Oh well. He is happy.

He had a weekend full of grandparents while I studied my little (who are we kidding) behind off for my real estate post license class. WORST MISTAKE EVER GETTING MY REAL ESTATE LICENSE. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. Ahhh...I hate it. And yes mom, had I not put things off FOREVER, I probably would not be in this situation but here I am and here I sit...constantly going over tax breaks and sales credits. Have I mentioned I DON'T CARE!!!!!

He will get to spend more time with Nana again this weekend while I study...MORE. Yippie.

Aside from all the real estate fun I have been having...Owen is still happy, fun and full of life. He cracks me up. Also, I think I may have a future pitcher or quarterback in my house because I saw a few rattles fly through the room at record speed and distance a few times this weekend. Guess it is time to Owen proof the house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At school we call him Hank

Tiffany said...

I would love to see a new picture of the quarterback! I bet he will crawl before he rolls over just to bug you!
Good luck on your real estate exam!

B said...

You're getting your real estate license? That's awesome! If I ever move to the Atlanta hell, I will certainly retain Jillybean as my personal house hunter. Good luck! Let me know how it all goes. =)