Thursday, January 15, 2009
It's a Major Award
It's like I have won the lottery! My girl Kindredly has presented me with this award. Isn't it beautiful? I am speechless - sort of like Kate Winslet at the Golden Globes - thank you to everyone else nominated but ha ha ha, I won!
However, with such a prestigious award comes responsibility - I am now required to present this same award to some bloggers that I think deserve it. This is a hard decision as I am only allowed to give it away to three deserving bloggers. I had to make my decision wisely and take into account all factors. I based my decision on the following:
* How often do you update your blog?
* The content of the blog - is it always the same or do you mix it up a bit
* My interest in your blog - does it capture me, does it spark my interest in new things?
With this said - love, family and mixes of both I have to offer this prestigious award to the following:
* Preaches and Cheese - Sisterhood aside, and the fact that she ROCKS aside and the fact that she just gave me another AWESOME nephew (Jackson Lee, January 14, 2009, 7 lbs, 15 oz, 19.5 inches long) her blog cracks me up. Seriously, stuck in Satan's Pants, living in a place that is -25 below while I am freezing at 30 degrees today and holding on as much as she can to that southern drawl, this blog cannot get much better. Soon she is going to have to go to the grocery store again and will more than likely run into old people with tubes in their nose...she loves those people, especially when the touch all of the fruit! The blogging possibilities are endless.
* Hillside Hollow - Again, a familyish relation but still this had nothing to do with my decision. About 90% of the time this chick has something positive to say - and if you know me, I have something positive to say about 40% of the time. She reads, cooks, sews, does crafts, home schools her children, talks about bugs - we could not be any more opposite - however, I still love her, her blog and all of the fun things she writes about. Plus, she is a daily blogger so I know that while I sit idle on my lunch hour I will have something to read, and yes, I will admit that once in a while I will print out a recipe or two. I have never made them but, one day I may and it will make me think of her.
* Sassy Monkey Reads - this is someone I do not know, I believe they live in Canada and I can assure you is not reading my blog and thus will not know about this awesome award bestowed upon her. (I believe it is a girl, she took a boy to a movie not too long ago) I stumbled upon this blog while looking for books and I must say, this blog is one to check out. She reads all sorts of stuff, every genre, and probably about 18 books a month. (not sure what her job is but I am not judging) It is cracking me up. If you don't believe me check out the post about when she went to see the movie Twilight. I had a good belly laugh.
So there you have it. My picks for best blog.
I do have a few notable mentions though. These are blogs that while they are awesome in their own right did not fit into all three criteria and thus could not be awarded. However, they are still excellent and I believe you should check them out.
* Dandelion Chronicles - this did not make the award due to the long hiatus that was taken in the summer - for good reason but it made me sad because I enjoy her blog so much. I am happy that she is getting back on track and it makes me want to take a trip to Macon to hang out with her like old times. She rules - back then and still now.
* Cooper Wells - Again another long hiatus - probably a good reason though I cannot think of one - but she is also getting back into the swing of things. My love for this blog is a little one sided as she is my better half and for some reason, with no obligation to do so has remained my friend for a good 14 years. Love her, love the shoes, love the bag, love it all. Plus she is talking about one of my favorite fella's in the world, Mr. Coopie Poopie who always cries because I am so loud but one day will think his Aunt Jill ROCKS.
* Elleb513 - Read it...you will love it. However, also long hiatus but partly because she is a traveling salesman. You want it, she's got it. Kidding, she really does have a cool job and I admire her tenacity because if I had to stay in hotels and travel as much as she does I would take hostages while on the road.
So there you have it. I apologize to those that were not recognized and nothing but love to all on my blog roll. I suggest you check them all out - over there, to the right, you cannot miss them.
Posted by mkfergy at 8:19 AM